Our Cookery Champion training is for anyone who wants to help others learn to cook healthy, low cost meals.
You may be a support worker in the community or a residential setting. Perhaps you work in a primary school. You may be a good friend or neighbour who likes to help others become confident and enjoy home cooking for an improved diet.
Anyone who wants to become more confident helping others to gain home cooking skills is welcome to join our Cookery Champions training. It is free of charge thanks to the support of The Big Lottery.
- Monday 21st May, 10am to 2pm including lunch.
You will learn:
- How to use a chef’s knife to make preparing vegetables easy and quick
- Tips and suggestions for fuss-free healthy cooking
- Common mistakes and how to avoid them
- A range of healthy, delicious recipes to teach adults and children
- How to make bread dough and turn it into pizza base, bread, flat bread and more
- How to prepare in advance to make your lesson run smoothly
- Essential food hygiene and safety guidance
As well as cooking several dishes you will also practise:
- Teaching someone knife skill and cutting techniques
- Planning a lesson and minimising the amount of washing up needed!
- Managing with a small amount of equipment
Please contact us if you would like to know more – 01304 362288 or firstname.lastname@example.org. This course is supported by our Big Lottery grant and there will be NO CHARGE.